Monday 27 April 2015

Andy Goldsworthy

Andy Golsdworthy
Dust
2003
The third artist I am looking at is the english photographer and sculptor, Andy Goldsworthy. Goldworthy is well known for his sculptures he makes out of natural objects to the environment he lives in, in Scotland, his work is mainly done in fields and forests, land art. Goldsworthy is a modern environmentalist, this is why his work is all based around natural products of the environments.
 From my previous shoots using the different techniques, I have found that I liked to work with the fast pace flour movement. I choose this as I found it linked well with my theme of relationship with gravity, and when doing the shoot it worked well and I enjoyed it.
This is why I have started to look at Goldsworthy as he has done photos using a similar technique with powder. For his shots he has used the natural powders from the environment he is in, for instance in the photo 'Dust' on the left, he was in a forest when he found a stream which had red/orange coloured rock . After finding this substance he ground it up to make the powder, he then threw it up in the air and capturing this shot as its being carried away by the wind. As the photo is set in the forest it makes me feel calm, peaceful, especially the colours of the trees and the meadow he is standing in. However the red/orange of the powder adds some sort of danger, like its not supposed to be there. I chose to look at this photo it linked well to what I did in my first shoot, using the wind/ movement to create patterns with the powder. I also particularly like the colours in this photos as it has the natural colours of the forest in the background, greens and light yellows, adding the red of the powdered rock creates a colour scheme of nature, red, green and yellow.
This is why for my final shoot I have decided to use a similar idea to Goldswrthys work by using substances/things natural to the environment I will be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment