Monday 9 March 2015

Shoot 1 Fast Pace Powder and Lissy Laricchia Evaluation

For this shoot I looked at the artist Lissy Laricchia and her photo 'Dust in the wind'. I choose to look at this photo as it uses the technique I have been looking at and experiment with called 'Fast pace flour movement'. As my theme is gravity I thought this photo above linked to it well, powder and gravity.
Contact sheet for shoot 1
Lissy Laricchia 'Dust in the wind'
I tried to recreate this technique used in Laricchias' photo, but using a different movement of model creating a new pattern of the powder in the air. For the shoot I used talcum powder as the powder, the camera was a Nikon D3200, the lighting I used was called 'mixed lighting levels' as this was able to highlight the models body well, but also helped camera pick up the detail of the powered in a good contorts to the back ground.
I think this shoot worked well as I was able to reach what I had hoped to photos would look like, and was able to use the technique successfully. I also thought the blue t-shirt worn by the model stood out well against the black of the back ground, and the white of the powder.
If I were to do this again or in future shoot i would use a different back ground/setting, for instance the beach, or the forest as this could add an interesting element to the photos. I could also change the substance used as the powder to see if this would effect the photo, or change the pattern when in the air. For this shoot I have used a small depth of field as I just wanted to have the model and the powder clear on the photo, I also did this by lowering the F number and increasing the exposure and shutter speed to darken the back ground and use a fast shutter speed so the camera was able to capture the flour in the air.
Best edit

I think in future shoot I would use this technique and artist as it links well to my theme of the relationship with gravity and objects, but also the outcome can be varied as to the movement of the model, and can be manipulated to be able to achieve what you aimed for.


No comments:

Post a Comment