Wednesday 18 March 2015

Shoot 3 Fast Exposure Evaluation

For this shoot I have used fast exposure on water falling of an umbrella. As in previous shoots I used multiple exposure, I came up with another variation to capture rain falling and flowing down an umbrella.
For the lighting, I placed a light underneath the umbrella covered by a plastic bag so it wouldn't get wet. The umbrella was being held up by a black stand, for the water falling I had someone pour water out of a watering can from  hight so they wouldn't be shown in the photos but to also to replicate rain. In this shoot I wanted to capture the relationship of gravity and water as it falls onto an object.
The photo below is an example of fast exposure that I have found on Flikr.
'Biking in the rain' Fast exposure
Found on Flickr
By Araleya
I think tho shoot worked well as I was able to achieve the technique and finished edit I was hoping for. I also like the way the camera was able to capture the water falling in great detail due to the light below helping to highlight the water, this was also helped by the white umbrella on the black background. To create the dark back ground I had to increase the exposure and shutter speed so the camera would be able to capture as the rain fell of the umbrella. The depth of field is quite sharp as there was nothing else in the background for the camera to focus on as it is dark due to the exposure.

If I were to redo this shoot, I could use different objects to pour the water onto, even just pour straight onto the floor to capture the different patterns created by the water when splashing of different objects. This technique could be used in future shoots as it worked well and could be adapted if I were to incorporate it into another idea.
For the best edit, using photoshop I was able to use the painting tool to cover the stand holding the umbrella and the light seen below in the contact sheet photos.



Best edit 
Contact sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment